Currently, our children's program revolves around what's happening on Sunday mornings. We want children to experience the worship of God through sitting and singing with their parents during the first half of our service. When it's time for the sermon, children are excused to Kid Time where they will hear Bible stories and be taught God's Word.
During the midweek, we encourage children to attend the AWANA program at the First Baptist Church of Independence.
Summertime is our major outreach to children through our Vacation Bible School.
We love the youth at Central. Our youth group currently meets on Sunday evenings at 6:30pm in the upper room. We have a dedicated group of adult leaders who enjoy putting together inspiring lessons, fun activities, prayer walks, worship nights, and a whole lot more. Our church is host to things like the homecoming bonfire, school singing groups, and various other activities.
Mid-week Adult Bible Studies & Care Groups
There are multiple ways for adults to grow in God's Word and develop meaningful friendships within our church:
- Monday night home group. Call the church for details.
- Tuesday night Women's Bible Study at the church 7:00pm
- Tuesday night Young Adult home Bible Study. 7pm at the Peters home. Call the church for details.
- Thursday morning Womens Bible study at the Cooper's house (822 S. Warren St. Monmouth) at 9:30am.
- Men's Breakfasts are held the first Satuday of every month at 8:30am
Our call is to love God, love one another, and love our World. We are fulfilling this call through a myriad of ways:
- Garbage ministry. Our church (led by our youth group) loves our community enough to pick up all the garbage during the Independence Days festivities which attracts over 25,000 people every year.
- We give thanks to our local public servants (police, fire, school) by providing a Thanksgiving Dinner in their honor the Sunday before Thanksgiving.
- Food Box Ministry. Our church family meets in December and assembles over 100 food boxes with enough food to feed a needy family for two weeks through the holidays.
- Our youth and women's groups strive to love the homeless by crotcheting sleeping mats and warm hats.
- We help support the work of individual missionaries who are personally connected to our church serving in Eastern and Central Europe, as well as in Poland.
- We give a percentage of all tithes to the Cooperative Program of the International Mission Board which employs over 5,000 missionaries serving in over 140 countries around the world.
- We give a portion of our tithes to help support disaster relief work, pastor training and childhood ministries throughout the Northwest, as well as throughout North America.